Monday, April 19, 2010

A Return to La Mancha

Whether because of time constraints, laziness or disenchantment I fell away from blogging for a time. In my absence I spent a year in Scandinavia, I lived a nomadic Australian existence and I watched lovers come and go, but I always felt like I'd mount Rocinante, dig my heels into her withered flanks and ride once more.

And so it comes to this. My armour creaks and groans more than I had remembered. My sword - as rusty as I had remembered - is in hand. Poor squat Sancho has grudgingly agreed to be my squire. I, Don Quixote, will ride the golden plains of La Mancha once more.

8 comments:

Bruce said...

Holy (or unholy) cow!

I knew keeping you on my blogroll would pay off! WELCOME BACK!!! :D

Bruce (formerly of Rave and Rant).

Don Quixote said...

Yep, I'm back - from the frozen north.

How have you been?

Say, are you on Facebook? I could swear that I saw your name today on the page of my friend Emily.

Shelley said...

Oh my.

Don Quixote said...

Oh my indeed. Shelly? I don't remember you using your real name.

Bruce said...

Yes, I am on Facebook. And would the said Emily have anything to do with a certain University secular society?

Don Quixote said...

The very same. I'll have to look you up.

Shelley said...

Oh you know, some things change, some stay the same...

sports betting said...

Great blog! Thanks for sharing this one. It is very interesting. Keep up blogging.