Tuesday, June 28, 2005

A time capsule

My top 10 films of all time, in no particular order, are:

1) Lost in translation
2) A clockwork orange
3) Citizen Kane
4) Apocalypse now
5) City of God
6) Y Mumma Tambien
7) Three colors: Red, White & Blue
8) Dr Strangelove
9) The dark crystal
10) Paris Texas

My top 10 albums of all time, in no particular order, are:

1) Beck - Mutations
2) Beck – Sea change
3) Air – Moon safari
4) Bjork - Post
5) Mr Bungle - California
6) The Doors – The Doors
7) Guns n’ Roses – Appetite for destruction
8) Elliott Smith– Figure 8
9) Radiohead – Kid A
10) Nirvana – Unplugged in NY

It will be very interesting to come back and read this list in 10 years time.

I was going to include books and authors, however that will require a significant amount of contemplation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm with you for most of the movies, especially Three Colours and Y Tu Mama Tambien. But if you haven't seen The Professional or Nikita - you should really look into it. They are very well done.

Is this a list of your top ten currently? Or of everything you've seen/listened to up to now? I find whenever I make a list of my top favourite whatevers, that it changes a lot with my mood/interests.

Don Quixote said...

Yeah, I knew at the time of writing the list that I wouldn't get everything I loved into it. The professional would definitely be a top 10 film - and a film that I've probably watched more than any other... Maybe 20 - 30 times? Gary Oldman plays the most amazing bad-guy in it.

The music one was much tougher: I could write one now and it would contain a whole list of other albums - a couple by the Beatles and some Jazz stuff for instance - but those ones that I listed are some all time favorites.

Yeah, top 10's definitely change dependant on mood and interests - that is why I called the entry "time capsule", because it was meant to encapsulate my top 10 then and there. Hopefully, I will be able to come back and read it in 10 years time and laugh at myself.