Thursday, March 10, 2005

Unsent letter

I remember a time when we were close. This was not so long ago. We were so direct and intimate with each other that I thought things would never change. Do you remember the way you could cheer me up with your crazy antics when I hit a low? Nobody else ever could.
Things always change.
I remember trips to the cinema, and our heated discussions about the films that we had seen. I am amazed even now how comfortable we were in our disagreements. We seemed able to talk on any topic without reservation.
All things come to pass.
When I watched you ride that old red bicycle with the basket on the front I thought that my heart would burst. Your funny litte scarf trailed in the wind and my hopes and dreams followed with it. Never have I encountered someone so unique, so amazing.
I'm sorry that things changed.
I guess you couldn't hold out, waiting for me to get my shit together. I took for granted that you would always be around, although I shouldn't have because you deserved far better than I ever gave you.
So now you are gone.
You will never read this letter but if you did I would want you to know that I fucked up and that I'm sorry. No, you will never read this but if you did I would tell you that you will never be forgotten.

No comments: