Sunday, July 23, 2006

'Ticks and Leeches'

I hate scalpers; they have music fans targeted for an ass fucking. They buy up all the tickets available for concerts - sometimes in quantities of up to 20 at a time - in a deliberate attempt to ensure the venue sells out, and then they sell those tickets on eBay for exorbitant prices. I've never purchased anything from eBay before, and that's for a good reason. I'm stubborn. I don't like being outbid.

I just paid $140.00 to see The Strokes.

Ps - I'm off to see TV on the radio tonight. It should be a good show, if their new album is anything by which to judge.


E. said...

But fans are fighting back!

Some fan groups keep up'ing the ebay bids with no intention of buying until eventually no one would pay those prices.

I think Tom Petty fans have managed to block out the scalpers. I can't remember any other instances, but there are others.

Don Quixote said...

That sounds awesome - but I still paid $70.00 more than the retail price for The Strokes. I guess you could almost accuse me of being part of the problem; I doubt I'll do it again, though.