Sunday, May 07, 2006

Cold spit on their cheek; drool of a zombie?

I've never been one for reality television, but lately my disdain has become almost pathological. I find that if an advertisement comes up for, say, Big Brother, and I don't avert my gaze in time to avoid seeing it, I feel the urge to vomit. What a sad, pathetic little circus the human experiment has turned out to be. Granted the gift of reason, possibly the only creatures in this cold, infinite universe capable of staring at the heavens with awe; capable, indeed, of investigating those heavens and even, by extension, of discovering our origins in the star dust from whence we came; and, instead, look at what we choose. I'm no intellectual, nor an elite, however I think it's pretty obvious, even to a layman like me, that something has gone awfully wrong with our way of thinking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen.