Friday, April 28, 2006

The things you learn on the news

In Just a few decades eighty percent of the island chain that is the Maldives will be under water.

This is why I chuckle when I hear other news articles detailing the complaints of "hard working Australians and Americans" paying exorbitant rates at the petrol pump. You think that high petrol prices will be the worst thing to arise out of this world's insane addiction to petroleum?

Try watching your wallet float out the front door of your house - all of a sudden things will fall into perspective.

I've enjoyed driving my boss's car to uni, sure. But when I leave here I'll happily return to my car-less life, content to do my homework during the train ride to school. I'll happily walk to the station each day, listening to tunes and taking in the sights. There are so many benefits to finding alternative ways of getting around - you get exercise, save money and, you know, get a sense of what's going on in the world around you.

No comments: