- I'm currently house sitting for my old boss. Having his two cars to look after - with all petrol paid for - is a dream.
- As part of the house sitting I have in my charge two kitties. They are a constant source of entertainment. Perhaps I should own a cat?
- I stuffed up my first vegetarian meal. I made vegetarian lasagna; however, when I looked for a baking tray I found that my boss's tray was too large. What this meant was that I only had too layers of pasta and vegetable, and I ran out of cheesy sauce to place upon the top level of pasta. The meal came out of the oven with a crispy top level rendering it inedible.
- Regardless of my botched cooking attempt I have been eating well. I've just been buying nice vegetarian dinners.
- Some observations about vegetarianism:
- I've lost quite a bit of weight. I was never large, but I've dropped all the chub. I'd guess I've dropped about 5 kilograms. I'm even seeing some abdominal muscles poking through, something I've not seen since my days of competitive swimming.
- I'm feeling extremely healthy. Not being able to eat meat means that you have to eat far more in the way of fruit and vegetables. The whites of my eyes are much whiter; my skin feels much cleaner. These effects are probably heightened by my period of abstinence from alcohol, cigarettes and other indulgences.
- I've joined a rather esteemed club; a club occupied by such illustrious company as: Pappa Smurf; all the members of ZZ top; Greek gods Zeus and Poseidon; the philosophers Aristotle and Plato; authors Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, Charles Dickens and Ernest Hemmingway; bushranger Ned Kelly and revolutionary Che Guevara; Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses. S Grant and Margaret Thatcher; Obi Wan Kenobi; Merlin; Captain Ahab from Moby Dick; and, finally, old Father Time. I've grown a beard.
- True fact: Don Quixote was depicted as having a beard.
- I've been trying to figure out lately whether my first romantic crush was on Belinda Carlisle, Tiffany, or my grade prep girlfriend Elise Harris.
- Once upon a dark afternoon when being dumped by my soon to be ex-girlfriend, one of the (many) reasons sited was that I was taking the then looming invasion of Iraq too seriously. Ouch!
- The formatting in Blogger sucks the big one.
Monday, April 24, 2006
Some lazy point-form notes
Posted by Don Quixote at 9:38 AM