Friday, October 07, 2005

Friday Fuckhead

The other day Melbourne water police discovered the floating body of a dolphin at Eastern Beach, Geelong. Autopsy later revealed that the dolphin had been stabbed to death. This has not been the first such slaying; over the last couple of years several dolphins have been shot, stabbed and speared to death for no apparent reason.

Such a magnificent creature, gentle in its dealings with humans and undoubtedly intelligent: murdered. Nothing should really shock or upset me anymore, but this certainly did.

Give me five minutes alone in a locked room with whoever did this. Five minutes, and I'd help them to understand the error of their ways.

Whoever did this is today's Friday fuckhead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is truely awful. I don't know who (but I suspect it was Ghandi) said it, but some wize individual said that a society can be judged on how well (or badly) they treat their animals, their sick, those who cannot defend themselves. It is a sick and depraved culture we live in and it makes me angry and sad.

Don Quixote said...

Maybe there is something wrong with me, but I always identify with the misery of animals far more than that of humans.

Animals, regardless of species, have a knowledge that dwarfs any of man's achievements. They are able to maintain an equilibrium with their environment, an equilibrium that ensures the continuation of life itself.

How anyone could do such a thing to dolphins, well, it is beyond my capacity to comprehend.

It makes me sad, too.